Skip to main content
Search for more books
Title:Guide to the Contents of the Greenland Fishery Museum (King's Lynn, Norfolk)
Price:GBP£60.00 (about USD$80.90)
Item ID:B009-3863
Publisher:privately published, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, 1912
Binding:Softcover (Side-stapled)
Condition:Very Good
privately published, 1912, Softcover (Side-stapled), Book Condition: Very Good, First

The Greenland Fishery was a Public House for some 250 years – probably from 1660’s until the early 1900’s. Originally named 'The Fisherman’s Arms’ or 'The Waterman’s Arms’, by 1796 it had been renamed ‘The Greenland Fishery’ because of the importance of the sailors who worked in the whaling industry which was of major economic importance to the town of Lynn in Norfolk. In 1912 the whole of The Greenland Fishery including the land at the rear and the former public house, ‘The Cottage’ was bought by Edward Milligen Beloe who opened it as The Greenland Fishery Museum with a bakery in the northern side. Ships biscuits were made in the basement and visitors had to enter and exit through the bakery at the front. This is a scarce first edition of the guide to the museum contents published in 1912. Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. 63 pages. Binding is tight, covers and spine fully intact. no Dust Jacket as published.. Staples rusty, wear to edges of paper covers. illustrated by b/w. drawings & photo's.. Includes index. Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 250 grams. Category: History; Kings Lynn; Norfolk; East Anglia; England; 1900-1920; Genealogy & Local History. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 3863.
To see the Shipping Fee please change the following as required:

Shipping Destination State/Province okay

Display prices in