Members listing on the Bookzangle website have all bound themselves to the following set of Customer Guarantees and Code of
- To provide their customers at this site with a thorough and accurate description of all items offered for sale, including
appropriate bibliographic details, all significant defects and flaws in a book's condition, any evidence of re-binding,
restoration, sophistication and the like.
- To utilise in these on-line descriptions the standard or commonly-accepted secondhand bookseller gradings and condition
- To guarantee that each item ordered by the customer is safely, securely and professionally packaged before shipping, in such
manner as to eliminate the danger of damage or soiling in transit in all but the most extreme cases of mis-handling by the carrier
which could be said to have been beyond the reasonable control of or prevention by the member shipping the item.
- To offer their customers fair and reasonable Terms & Conditions of Trade, including the matters of returns and refunds
where relevant or appropriate, such terms and conditions to be fully compliant with relevant Distance Selling or Mail Order
legislation and regulations as variously applied around the world, and where these latter differ or stand opposed, then the country
of origin of the customer will determine which legislation or regulation applies to that customer.
- To accept books sold as returns within a reasonable period of time, and to issue a full refund upon safe receipt of the item,
provided only that the returned item be in substantially the same condition as when shipped, and entire in its original contents.
Items lost or damaged during shipping from the member to the customer are the responsibility of the member.
- To guarantee that every item listed on this website is authentic, is correctly and accurately described and annotated,
including in any matter of author or illustrator signatures or inscriptions, or any details supplied as to provenance or earlier
history of the item(s) sold.
- To respond in timely fashion to all genuine enquiries from customers deriving from listings at this website.
- To guarantee that the member has the legal right to sell the item(s) in question, and that to the best of the member's
knowledge there are no issues or restrictions of copyright or any other legal restrictions upon the sale of the item(s) to the
customer in his/her country of origin.
- To guarantee that each item listed on this website by the member is physically in the possession of the member at the time of
listing in the quantity stated, or else that the member has the legal right to sell the item(s) by way of direct arrangement with
the publisher or otherwise, and that no item listed on this website will be of the nature of a "Print on Demand" product i.e. an
item which will only be manufactured or produced after an order is received from a customer.
- To guarantee that in the event of any shipped item going missing or being undelivered after normal timeframes for the agreed
method of shipping are exceeded that every effort will be made by the member to track down and locate that missing item, and in the
event of being unable to do so, to offer a full refund to the customer, provided only that the customer has co-operated with any
reasonable request to register the missing item at their post office or other such things needed at the customer's end in order to
complete enquiries on the missing item.
- To publish on this website full business contact information, and to guarantee that any communication from customers via that
published contact information regarding an order placed on this website will be responded to swiftly and comprehensively.
- In addition to all the above specific guarantees and warranties, to assure each and every customer of the highest possible
professional standards of service and courtesy in every matter surrounding the display of items on this website, and their
subsequent ordering and shipping.